Box User Guide
Enhance the sound quality of your audio and video content right inside Box. This guide will help you learn how to use Dolby.io within your Box account. If you want to learn how to setup the Dolby.io Box Integration, please see the Admin Guide.
Deliver your content with confidence. Remove background noise, fix volume problems, and improve speech quality with a couple clicks. With this integration, you can now improve how your content sounds without the need for expensive desktop tools or an audio team. Save time, money and resources in making all of your content sound fantastic.
- AI-powered background noise removal
- Loudness correction to make sure your content isn't too loud or quiet
- Dynamics Processing to make interviews sound better
- Advanced speech processing to make your voice sound more professional and engaging
- Supports common video file formats (mp4, m4v, mov)
- Supports common audio file formats (mp3, m4a, aac, wav, aif)
This App requires your Box Enterprise Account to be linked with Dolby.io. The Admin Guide has additional details on setting this up.
Select a file and right click to bring up the menu. Under integrations you will see two menu items:
- Enhance with Dolby.io (auto)
- Enhance with Dolby.io (custom)
With auto, processing will begin immediately and try to give you the best result. With custom you can provide some additional details such as the type of content to get something more tuned for your use case.
If these options don't appear, refer to the Admin Guide for setup and troubleshooting tips.
Choose Enhance with Dolby.io (auto) to automatically enhance your media. The file will start processing immediately.
With custom you can choose an option that identifies the type of media you have so that you can get better results.
These types help identify the relative size of a room, distance talkers might be from a microphone, and other characteristics to tune audio enhancement for the best results.
- Conference - large room with distant microphone
- Interview - medium room with near microphone
- Lecture - large room with distant microphone
- Meeting - medium room with near microphone
- Mobile Phone - dialog in noisy conditions
- Music - musical content without dialog present
- Podcast - dialog with near microphone and some music
- Studio - small room with close microphone and low noise
- Voice Recording - medium room with near microphone
- Other - automatic detection
After clicking Enhance your media will begin processing.
You'll see a green notification in your Box window to let you know that the request is being processed. A second green notification will show when processing has begun.
Finally, a notification will let you know the file is ready and you can refresh the page to see it.
The result will be written back to your Box folder in the same location with a name to indicate it is the Enhanced result. Processing happens in near real-time so a five minute file should take approximately five minutes to complete.
We will never overwrite your original file and the result will follow the naming pattern of "original filename (Dolbyio Enhanced)". If you miss the pop-up or don't see the new file, you may need to refresh the page to see changes.